Monday, August 9, 2010

Time is a Miracle!!

During a conversation, today, with a friend of mine we were speaking about relationships and how amazing Time is. After going back and forth of how we view the amazing aspects of time, I finally shouted, “Time is a Miracle!”

In its true definition, Time must be used efficiently or you will miss the miracle of which I speak.

It was just yesterday that I was reviewing some old journal entries and came across one that I wrote just five weeks after I moved out and separated with my Ex. The entire entry was based on how five weeks had flown by and how much I was relieved from the place I once was with him and yet in the same breath, how close it felt to our first meeting, our first kiss and our first endeavors. I wrote a list of our “firsts”. The first time in the studio, the first time playing video games, the first time making dinner, the first time I showered at his place and the first time I did his laundry. I wrote, “It felt like yesterday, I was learning exactly how this man likes his laundry done and how whites are washed separately and differently then whites with colors on them.” He was a simple yet complex man who had routines that I felt I was spending my entire relationship trying to understand and “get used to”. There was a compromise I battled. As much as I adapted and bended in trying to be what he called for in me, I knew without a doubt, I could not be a rubber band in my relationship and I needed Time to figure out exactly what I needed. What I needed in a relationship, but more, what I needed for myself.


Situations came about that forced Time on my side without, necessarily me volunteering to step away. But, in doing so I had the great honor and pleasure to be reintroduced to Time and how truly sexy I now find it. The cliché sayings like, “give it some time” or “Time heals everything” can develop a personal truth. And then one day, at one moment the bells start ringing, the buzzer starts beeping and the light bulb finally trickles from dark to bright and you realize that in giving “it” some time, Time can truly heal everything.
This is because you have allowed yourself to gain perspective. You have stepped away, either emotionally, physically, mentally or spiritually and you have been grounded. You have given yourself a gift of perspective and in opening the box, you have opened yourself to healing, motivation or maybe ambition. If used effectively and actively, you will be able to step back and inhale clarity, absorb understanding and soak in the power of your own body, heart and mind.

Anyone who has felt this can honestly and excitedly express with me that “Time is a Miracle!!” and most situations need time and could use a dash of it in order to be resolved or stimulated. If you have spent your life giving your Time to everyone else, I encourage you to donate some of your Time to you and see if you don’t dose up on some perspective. Stop running from it and excusing it and start living it!
We’re waiting…

2 comments:

  1. Amen~ Time is indeed a miracle!

    As all miracles, it is never, nor has it ever been a stand-alone panacea. It is a resource, and one must use it to benefit from it. Like a Question Box in a Super Mario Bros game, Time brings many things/resources. You don't have to ask or necessarily earn its arrival, but Time is there, never far away. And although, Time may appear similar every time you see it, the aid it brings is very rarely the same. I feel, that this is perpetuated by the simple fact that the recipient is equally evolving,...and is inevitably different in the eyes of Time, at each encounter.

    Last time, I got the Invincible Star!! With it I have flourished parts of my life I thought may never come to be, and become more powerful a woman in a modern world, as ever!

    PS I also like how 'it' literally stops once in a while! (Secretly, I feel those lags are earned by good hearted girls and boys.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa- Your perspective, as always, forces my head to nod in agreement. Time has a way of showing up in all different aspects of our lives and, as you have said, it is never wearing the same outfit or, for that matter, even the same persona, but without a doubt "it" has the ability to reach back in your past and piece together all the moments you two have spent.

    I agree with you, I secretly love when "it" stops and for a brief moment, "it" doesn't exist. :)

    Although sometimes I wish all situations could be used in this context of not existing, I "break dance" in the idea of "it" propelling me forward and spinning me into a greater understanding of the world and the woman I am.

    ReplyDelete