Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My "Sex and the City" Moment

So they often say that there are a few things that must happen to you before you are a true "New Yorker". After rats and cockroaches trying to share living space and my dress flying up on the corner of the street to reveal all as if I embodied Marilyn for the day, I have officially been pooped on by a pigeon in walking too close to the building. Shocked at it happening, I pulled over under an Duane Reade awning to make sure it had only got on my skin and not my hair or God forbid my clothes. I took a few pictures with the phone to double check. Feeling weirded out by the experience but questioning it's supposed power to bring Good Luck, I keep walking to lunch and then right there on the corner of 53rd and 8th I run into Cuban. Walking directly toward each other as if it were arranged we each wrap our arms in a hug. This handsome man runs into me yet again. "This is 3 times now" he says with a cheesy smile as I notice how undeniably big mine is in the reflection of his glasses. We speak briefly and hurry off to each of our directions but this time with a much much larger smile. Is it the Pigeon Poop or just another day in the city?
I'll leave it up to Life to eloquently display....

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting....id say once you get pooped on 3 times and the same guy keeps running into you....then its made to be!!!

    ReplyDelete